Pages

Saturday, October 13, 2012

Healthy Almond-Coconut-Cinnamon Cookies ± Dark Chocolate



We had a problem with snacks for movie nights. Packed cookies are not healthy and those that are are really expensive too. So I figured I had to make them myself. They're very easy to make and are really delicious! I thought about making vanilla ones but I forgot to buy it, so I used cinnamon instead. To make it more interesting and even more delicious I added melted chocolate and made sandwiches or covered only half of the cookie with chocolate. The result was AMAZING! 

I kept them in the fridge for the night and the next morning the chocolate was set! Now, as I said before, they are really easy to make. You will need a small amount of butter, oatmeal, brown sugar, whole wheat flour, honey, vanilla or cinnamon, powdered almonds and coconut flakes. Mix them together and you get a sticky batter.


CAREFUL! You can only use HALF A TEASPOON for each cookie, as they will spread! Just spoon the batter on a baking sheet and then, using a wet spatula or teaspoon, spread the batter and make a round shape. You can make about 6 cookies once, using a 12"x18" / 30x45 cm baking pan. Bake the cookies for 6-10 minutes or until they are golden brown, at 375F/190C/level 6. 


To make chocolate sandwiches, just melt some dark chocolate in the microwave and then spread it on a cookie, adding another one on top of it. Or, you can cover only half of the cookie with chocolate, like in the photo above. Leave them in the fridge, like I did, so that the chocolate sits and makes them a bit crunchy, great as a movie snack!

Until next time, have fun cooking and bon appétit!
A.

If you liked this article, follow TO BAKE OR TO BURN on FACEBOOK!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving your comment, Handsome!