Pages

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

What to do with overripe bananas: Banana Oatmeal Cookies and Quick Strawberry Banana Ice Cream

I always buy bananas cause they're such a great fruit! You can eat them for breakfast with your cereal, as a pre workout snack because they give you lots of energy and protect your muscles, or as a dessert. As I said before, we always have them in the house but thing with bananas is that they get ripe really fast. Yesterday I found myself having lots of overripe bananas and nothing to do soooo I made these two beautiful, healthy desserts. These are incredibly easy and fast. I also used some strawberries cause they were sad all by themselves in the fridge, but you don't have to. Just use what you have in your pantry or fridge: peanut butter, chocolate chips, mango, strawberries, rum, caramel, (go) nuts!

For the awesome cookies, you only need 2 ingredients: bananas (doh) and oatmeal. I used 6 ripe bananas and 3 cups of oatmeal. Put it all in your food processor, even a hand mixer will work given the ripeness of the fruit, and mix it until well combined. Then, using a teaspoon, make small shapes on a pre-greased baking sheet and take it to the oven for about 15 minutes over 200 C, 400 F. BUT! They're not going to be crunchy, they're soft and silky and lovely. Serve them warm! They're so cute and healthy, only bananas and oatmeal!


Moving on to the lovely ice cream, you'll need about 450-500 gr of frozen fruit, I used 3 bananas (250 gr) and 200 gr strawberries. Leave the fruit in separate bags in the freezer overnight! I once tried this recipe with fresh fruit and then refrigerated it and it was disgusting... Right, so fruit, frozen overnight, about 500 grams of yogurt and some honey if you want (1-2 tablespoons should be enough). Mix it all well in your food processor. I actually didn't mix it THAT well and left some chunks of frozen fruit in it cause that's the way I like it, but you can do it anyway you want to. You can serve it right then and there, with some biscuits like I did, or you can put in a container, in the freezer for as long as you want to. But get it out like half an hour before you serve it so that it's creamy not frozen! It tastes amazing and it's super healthy! 


Enjoooooooy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving your comment, Handsome!