Pages

Friday, November 8, 2013

Homemade Peanut Butter with Banana and Cinnamon

Oh I love pb!! But it's kind of expensive in France, about 3.50eur for a 360gr jar. I bought 1 kg of roasted shelled peanuts for (I think it was) 3.80eur, from which I gathered 650 grams of peanuts. After processing them I got aprox 1200 grams of peanut butter, which is 3 times more than the store-bought peanut butter for almost the same price. I did add bananas for the texture and flavor, but that was a personal choice, you can do it without.



What you'll need:
- about 650 grams of peeled peanuts
- 6 bananas
- cinnamon
- a food processor

What you have to do first is divide the peanuts and bananas because it will get too crowded in the food processor and it won't be able to mix everything well. Okay so next you have to put the peanuts, 3 bananas and 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon in the food processor and mix everything. My food processor is not the greatest so after 10 minutes it began to get hot so I had to stop, leave it about 10 more minutes to cool down and begin again. I did this for about 2 hours I think, but it was worth it. The peanut butter is awesome, it has this smooth banana and cinnamon flavor! It's not as buttery as Nutella, but that, again, is a personal choice. We like it crunchier, not that smooth and easy to spread. If you want a smoother butter, just mix it more.



Repeat the same process with the other part of peanuts and bananas and then combine everything and put the butter in jars.

Final product

If you don't know what to do with peanut butter, here are some suggestions:
- peanut butter jelly sandwich
- peanut butter oatmeal for breakfast
- peanut butter protein bars
- peanut butter spread on apple slices
- peanut butter and banana smoothie
- freeze it in small bites and use it as a healthy snack!

And so on... There are lots of pb recipes out there and now that I made it myself I'm gonna try some of them.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving your comment, Handsome!