Pages

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Tzatziki and Herbed Chicken

Oh this was a nice one! Although today was cold and super rainy, I thought of making a summery dinner for my parents. Something fresh and easy to make cause I'm not that good at cooking. I found a very easy tzatziki recipe, although kind of boring because I had to wait 30 minutes for all the excess water in the cucumbers to drain. Then, I looked for a herb mix to season my chicken and found a delicious one. Here's how it looked like:


And here's how to do it. First of all, you will need some chicken breasts, depending on how many people you have over. I used 4, each one of us had one and I saved the last one for my awesome fiancé at TENEMBI, but my mom ate it this morning. For the tzatziki, you will need a big cucumber. Oh, let's make a list of what I used!

Tzatziki
1 big cucumber
2 cups yogurt
4 cloves garlic, chopped
2 tablespoons mint (fresh or dry, I used dry because I only had like 3 leaves of fresh mint)
1 teaspoon salt (+ more for seasoning)

This recipe is very very easy. So here goes.
1. You need wash, peel and cut your cucumber in half. Now you need to remove all seeds.
2. Cut your cucumber into small cubes and place them in a bowl with the salt. You will leave them there for half an hour, for all the water inside them to drain. Make sure you flip them once in a while so they all have some salt on them.
3. Drain them, then put them in a cheesecloth and drain them again.
4. Mix the cucumbers with the rest of the ingredients and chill before serving. You can serve it the way it is, but it will taste better chilled.

Herbed Chicken Breasts
4 chicken breasts
2 teaspoons basil, rosemary, sage, oregano, coriander and thyme
4 cloves of garlic, chopped

1. Put all the spices and garlic in a bowl and mix them well.
2. Season the chicken, on both sides, with the mix.
3. You can either fry it in olive oil (like I did), or put it in the oven (like I will do next time), or on the grill, however you like it. You will, most certainly, enjoy the smell of those herbs burning and their aroma.



Bon appétit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving your comment, Handsome!